The car park will remain available for use during the winter months, but please bear with us, the harsh weather plays havoc with the surface. We will be working late Winter and Spring 2019/20 to repair the damage to the car park caused by heavy usage over the summer season and weather damage over the winter.
This is an on going job, you will notice heaps of stone being delivered and a digger working to improve the surface as the weather allows.
Please understand that the surface is laid over sand which shifts and erodes due to bad weather and high usage. We do like to be able to keep the car park open all year so that our local and regular visitors are able to park close to the beach in all seasons, we don’t charge a fee during the “off season”.
It is a fine line between keeping the area as natural as possible whilst making sure we provide a drivable surface for vehicles, we do ask that you drive slowly and carefully and park sensibly.
During the Summer months our car parking team, led by Roberta “Bobby” are valued employees of the Burgage Holders and do a great job, please treat them with politely and with respect, Complaints, Concerns and Questions: Please e mail or write to us and we will address each matter individually, our car parking attendants are not equipped to deal with anything more than general enquiries.
Robin our Moor Grieve is often to be seen about the Common, he is busy through out all the seasons, strimming, mowing, planting and doing general maintenance, and is building liaisons with local schools to encourage young people to take an interest in nature he has been instrumental in initiating new projects within the community. Robin is very approachable and is happy to give advice on “Common Knowledge”.
Revenue: All profit from the car park goes towards Common maintenance, Alnmouth village community projects, local charitable giving and individual bursaries and grants,
- Many of our younger villagers have experienced life changing adventures over the years with a helping hand from the Burgage Holders.
- In the past we have, amongst other things – donated towards the Parish Council event marquee, sponsored the Art Festival mini bus, we donate towards keeping the public toilets open all year and give a contribution towards the village bonfire night.
- Last year it was the centenary celebration of http://alnmouthwi.co.uk they planted a commemorative oak tree on the Common with viewing benches, and hope to include a specially made stained glass window as part of the ongoing Hindmarsh Hall refurbishment.
- One of the many projects we have contributed to this year was the under 16s rugby trip to Japan, some of the team members live in the Village and we were able to help them with their fund raising, we are looking forward to hearing all about it. Another is helping Hipsburn Primary School expand their “Beach School” this is an extract from a lovely letter from the Head Master explaining what was happening. ” As a school we are very grateful to the Burgage Holders for their support. Their donation will have significant impact on what we offer our children here at Hipsburn.We are very keen and excited to use the outdoor environment further to support our learning and we are thrilled that the Burgage Holders have helped us in our vision.”
- http://hospicecare-nn.org.uk are among our favourite worth while causes in our ongoing annual charitable giving list.